To start off this semester of the Michigan Student Caucus, we'd like you carefully consider and discuss "provocations" posted here -- images, maps, quotes, videos, web pages meant to spark questions and raise issues relevant to students in Michigan.
As you examine the provocations, ask yourself questions like:
- What is going on here?
- What inferences can you make?
- What might be misleading?
- Who is involved?
- What feelings does it invoke?
- What perspectives (social, economic, legal, political, moral, artistic, psychological, historical, etc.) might provide insight?
- What else do we need to know?
- How is this item relevant (or how might it be relevant) to students in Michigan?
In addition to discussing provocations posted by others (at minimum be sure to join the discussion around at least five), please find and post your own provocation no later than Sunday, January 20.
CLARIFICATION: When we say "post your own provocation," we mean FIND an intriguing image, map, quote, etc. out in the world and post it in this area together with a citation. In contrast, later on you will be making a "media artifact" as a first step toward crafting your proposal, and for that you will need to CREATE your own piece of media.